Can't seem to find Animal Training option

Discussion in 'New Player Questions' started by Booke, May 25, 2019.

1. Booke

Booke New Member

Achievement Pts:
    Hi Folks, just joined the shard last week. Loving it and all the QOL changes you made.

I'm having a hard time with Animal Training though. The option only shows up for low level pets like hinds etc, and not my high level tames like nightmares. I've been googling for a while and just can't seem to figure it out. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking - all the post-Third Dawn content is new to me.

Thanks for the help and I'll be joining the discord as soon as I can!

2. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    That is strange. Are you using jewelry to boost your animal taming / animal lore skills?

3. Booke

Booke New Member

Achievement Pts:
    Nope, natural GM taming/lore. I've tried both the classic and enhanced launcher. I'm sure it's something really dumb I'm missing lol

Thanks for the help. Btw, is that you I've seen outside the Makato Jima gate? I was admiring your house while I was on a taming run. :)

4. StarJewel

StarJewel New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I'm in the exact same boat. I'm also new here (it's a great shard!), and everything past AoS is unfamiliar to me too. Was excited to learn about the Animal Training feature, and have a natural 100/100/100 Taming/Lore/Vet character, but I also don't have the button on my Nightmare's or Unicorn's Animal Lore gump. Giant Beetle has the option, though.

[​IMG]

5. Felcoreous

Felcoreous New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I am having the same issue with Drakes and Dragon pets.

6. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    After some testing with StarJewel we worked out that it is a skill level issue. After training over 110 taming the option showed.

Also since this thread is being watched by a few tamers check out https://www.uo-cah.com/index.php/bestiary for some solid info about the current taming system including calculators etc