Exploring the Deep - Spawn appears to be missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dakkath Sol, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I've been trying to complete the Exploring the Deep Quest but have been unable to progress past the gathering of the items.

The problem relates to the Obsidian Wyvern - Madeline Hart Item Collection part of the quest.

From UO Guide:
    Jhelom- Madeline Hart- Canvass Robe
    At the Adventurer's Needle shop in Jhelom find Madeline Hart. She is mourning for her son, Willem, who disappeared in Destard.

Go to Destard and find Willem's hat! Go past the main area, to the northwest, to a ramp down. Go down this, then immediately down another to get the the third level. Kill an Obsidian Wyvern and Willem's hat will appear in your backpack. Bring it back to madeline, hand it to her and receive the Canvass Robe.

I have completed the quest to this point on multiple characters now and none of them have been able to get the Obsidian Wyvern to spawn. I've collected all of the other items from this section of the quest now only the robe remains.

Could you please check the spawner in the Ancient Wyrm room in Trammel Destard Level 3 (54 29N 89 17W - 5173,1004 or there abouts) to ensure it is present and operating correctly?

2. tr1age

tr1age Administrator Staff Member

Achievement Pts:
    The newest content doesn't always work right off the bat, I will check and see what's up. Can you get me a -where for the spawn area?

3. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    The location is in the last line of my post.

As it turned out it was appearing inside the mountain walls of the dungeon and was unable to be seen / targeted. I do believe the trigger point is in the wrong spot though (seems to be behind the lava at the NW corner not near the Ancient Wyrm at the SE corner) This was where I had seen it elsewhere.

Perhaps a smaller radius on the spawner would stop it appearing in the walls?

4. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    [​IMG]
    The current spawn trigger appears to be somewhere near the eye on the map