Resource Storage Boxes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Dakkath Sol, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I spoke to an old friend who had designed a set of storage boxes with a context menu for the storage of a wide variety of the resources in UO.

I now have the .cs files for these and also an enhanced interior decorator tool which allows movement of locked down items North, South, East, or West one tile at a time.

There are boxes for storing Ore, Lumber, Imbuing (stygian abyss items also), High Seas, Scrolls, Food etc.

They were created to reduce item load in housing and on the server. It also makes it so much easier to find stuff for players.

If you would be interested in adding them here just let me know how I can get them to you so you can check them out.

*NOTE* The Boxes were set up to store some custom resources from the server (like magical leather) so it is possible that would need to be removed for implementation.

2. tr1age

tr1age Administrator Staff Member

Achievement Pts:
    I would need to test it locally first. The problem with these types of things are the possibility to lose items to corrupt saves.
    There is no over loading from houses and storage on the server.
    Be happy to look though.

3. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I send one of the scripts in Discord for you to look at.

I hadn't thought of the corrupt save thing. I don't recall having trouble with that where I had used them, I guess if it did happen there would be a time warp where anything gained in that time would be lost?

4. tr1age

tr1age Administrator Staff Member

Achievement Pts:
    Basically we can track individual items but when they are in boxes that combine it is ONE item and hard as fuck to see if there is an error. We had issues with powerscroll books before that took a ton of coding to fix.

5. Dakkath Sol

Dakkath Sol New Member

Achievement Pts:
    Yes. I do remember a similar thing happening with a corrupted rune inside a runebook years ago.