Not a bug House size incorrect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Havoc, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Achievement Pts:
    Let me preface this bug submission by saying I'm just in a temp house and I don't care about this one. I still have all the functionality I want from the house.

Moving on to the bug. I bought a 2 story foundation of a house some time ago, but it was 1x1 smaller than it was supposed to be. I purchased the 8x12 2 story house, as it was the cheapest house with a larger lockdown/storage number. For some reason, it only gave me a 7x11 foundation. I had forgotten about this as I don't care, but today I decided for giggles I'd add a small 2nd story floor for more storage space. Since this reminded me I figured I'd post about it in case someone else wants to make this size of a plot and does care.

Here you can see that (3rd from bottom) the 8x12 house has 1771 storage.

[​IMG]

Here you can see my house, does in fact, have 1771 storage as it's supposed to.

[​IMG]

Here you can see it's only a 7x11 foundation, however the 2nd floor has the squares for an 8x12, I just can't access them.

[​IMG]

Again, I'm not asking for a fix. I don't care, but thought you might. I'm not sure if this is something you're aware of, I didn't see anything on the forum about it. Since that was the case I assumed it wasn't all houses. Could just be that the 8x12 2 story accidentally got linked to the 7x11 foundation when the storage upgrade stuff was done? I can't think of another answer. Anyway, cheers.

2. tr1age

tr1age Administrator Staff Member

Achievement Pts:
    This is actually not a bug, all houses have a smaller bottom floor than top, it is to accommodate the foundation, stairs, and roof mechanics. You can check this on any house size. The bottom floor will always be 1 smaller.

3. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Achievement Pts:
    I did check other houses, via videos. None of them were like mine. also the outer ring (north and west sides if you pay attention in the pics) is sort of greyed out. I can't even start to place things there. Normally if something isn't able to be placed, it's just orange and shows its unsupported. This won't allow me to use those tiles.

I'm sure I'm just doing something incorrectly, I'll go back and have another look later.

#3 Havoc,
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  4. tr1age

tr1age Administrator Staff Member

Achievement Pts:
    So, the house sign and the left most side of the house (the wall) is a tile. It doesn't look like it, but it is. This can be confusing as the bottom floor looks smaller than it is, but it is actually the right dimensions. It's weird I know. Also you may wanna try a non classicUO client when building a house. They seem to work better. ClassicUO is great for many things but houses and certain quests it isn't.

5. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Achievement Pts:
    yeah I noticed, lots of the tiles are weird lol. I have razor installed as well, but it kinda sucks. I used to love razor, but meh. I still can't get access to the other 2 rows of tiles. I've tried everything except a different client. Will try that next.