What's new

Patch Notes 10.9.16

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Not every week will be a patch week. Sunday's are when we can reset the server to make sure your experience is always as smooth as possible. So some weeks may be bigger with patches than others.

Here are this weeks patch notes.
  • Implemented all high seas content. (Tons of new content check thread dedicated to it)
  • Houses should now properly display decay status.
  • Stealth: You can now just continue walking after hiding and it will auto check for stealth skill and success rate.
  • Removed [Nightsight] properties from BaseWeapons, Armor, Jewelry, Clothing.
  • Added a magical lantern that uses the earring slot so you can use it at all times even with weapons equipped! Available on both the gold sink and dono vendor! (fun part is it still shows on your avatar for immersion!)
lantern.PNG
  • Added ride-able llamas to the animal vendor for purchase
  • Added ability to craft necromancy spells and spellbooks using inscription
  • Added regular spellbook creation to inscription
  • Reduced cooldown of peacemaking
  • Halloween Trick or Treating begins on the 15th. Also expect some zombies!
  • Added some more halloween fun items around. (oujji board, apple bobbing)
  • Implemented Halloween Final Event Boss. (will not spawn until Halloween)
  • Add a sawmill to the crafting area. (may add this item to the donation vendor as a house addon later) Put logs in the box, boards come out on the right.
  • Autosave changed from 5 minute to 15 minute intervals for less interruption during gameplay.
  • Added a voting stone to the entrance of the Britain Bank. Support UOAlive with your vote!
  • NO MORE Powerscroll Order. This system was old and outdated specially for a smaller pop server. So now all you need is to eat any scroll a 105 a 120 a 115 a 110 any order and you can raise to whatever level you ate. I.E. You ate a 120 at 100, you can now raise your skill to 120. BAM. I did not remove the lower scrolls so there is still a feeling of accomplishment and economic value to the high end scrolls. And you cannot just max out in ten minutes. But this should make this soooo much better in EVERY regard.
As always you can see what we are working on here:
http://uoalive.com/forum/index.php?threads/on-the-horizon.111/

Last edited:
I knew I wasn't trippin' @tr1age !

• NO MORE Powerscroll Order. This system was old and outdated specially for a smaller pop server. So now all you need is to eat any scroll a 105 a 120 a 115 a 110 any order and you can raise to whatever level you ate. I.E. You ate a 120 at 100, you can now raise your skill to 120. BAM. I did not remove the lower scrolls so there is still a feeling of accomplishment and economic value to the high end scrolls. And you cannot just max out in ten minutes. But this should make this soooo much better in EVERY regard.
Why was this taken back? I'm assuming there was some sort of backlash?

I knew I wasn't trippin' @tr1age !

Why was this taken back? I'm assuming there was some sort of backlash?

The economy for powerscrolls took a dive and made it way to easy just to skip the line. It was revised in a patch after this.

That's understandable. I just couldn't figure out where I had read that until I was bored today at work and started reading up on the previous patches hah

That's understandable. I just couldn't figure out where I had read that until I was bored today at work and started reading up on the previous patches hah
Yeah sometimes we hit sometimes we miss :) But we always learn!