What's new

Past Events Abyss Plots - Community Submissions! Your Shard, Your Story!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
1662219433178.png

HOW TO ENTER

Hello Brave citizens of UOAlive who wish to have a home in the ABYSS!!
To enter you must include photos of the house you currently have that you wish to bring to the Abyss, why it is a good addition, how you will support the greater whole of the UOAlive Community with it, and what your theme/back story might be if you have one! Bonus points for any RP! And extra points for a story about an adventure you had in UOAlive.

1: You must be able to enter the Abyss to apply.

2: YOU MUST BE AND MAINTAIN AN ACTIVE STATUS ON UOALIVE! If you cannot and are no longer able to maintain the home after you won, it will be raffled off again with a different contest, all contents included if you just up and left, or we will give you ample time to move your home to a normal location with no upkeep.

3: This house counts toward your players one house account, so if they currently own a house, they would have to arrange to move items to the new location as a co owner, then have their current house demolished and we will turn the house over to them as owner.

Everyone gets a number whose entry is validated. We use https://www.calculator.net/dice-roller.html.

4; Winner gets the plot. must be open to public, stocked with the appropriate items: Loose example here and in the photos below https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5728/eastern-abyss-house
We will provide the teleporters :)

We will pick winners at the end of the month!

HOUSE MUST BE 18 by 18 or SMALLER

Example of a properly maintained Abyss House:

Look forward to all your awesome submissions and stories about your time on UOAlive!

Last edited:
Once upon a time, in the enchanting world of UO Alive, a young adventurer named Vertigo embarked on an extraordinary journey that would forever change her life. UO Alive was a thriving and immersive Ultima Online private server, renowned for its vibrant community and unique gameplay features.

Vertigo had always been fascinated by the art of crafting. With nimble fingers and a keen eye for detail, he honed his skills day and night, fashioning magnificent armors and weapons that would make even the most seasoned warriors envious. The bustling marketplace of UO Alive would buzz with excitement whenever Flint showcased his latest creations.

Vertigo's ambitions didn't stop at crafting alone. He yearned to master the art of barding, the magical practice of manipulating sound to inspire or demoralize. He spent countless hours studying the melodies and lyrics that could charm friends or strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. His barding abilities became legendary, and he could turn the tides of battle with a single note.

One fateful day, while exploring a treacherous dungeon, Vertigo stumbled upon a majestic dragon. His heart raced with both fear and excitement as he realized this could be the perfect opportunity to test his taming skills. With nerves of steel and a steady hand, he approached the beast, soothing it with his melodious barding. The dragon, mesmerized by his music, allowed Vertigo to tame it, forging an unbreakable bond between man and creature.

With his newfound companion, Vertigo delved deeper into the vast wilderness of UO Alive. He encountered exotic creatures like beetles, cu-sidhe, and nightmares, which he tamed and trained to fight alongside him. Together, they faced fearsome monsters, navigated treacherous dungeons, and conquered formidable champ spawns. Vertigo's name echoed throughout the realm, and fellow adventurers sought his guidance and friendship.

In the spirit of camaraderie, Vertigo joined Temp House, a guild of like-minded individuals who shared his passion for exploration and helping others. They became his second family, always ready to lend a hand in times of need. Once promoted to New Player Helper. Together, they ventured into dangerous territories, assisting new players and ensuring everyone had a chance to experience the magic of UO Alive.

As time passed, Vertigo's love for UO Alive grew deeper. He dreamt of contributing to the server that had given him so much joy and fulfillment. Thrilled by the opportunity to give back to the community that had embraced him, Vertigo eagerly accepted the role. He poured his heart and soul into his duties, organizing events, resolving disputes, and implementing new features that would make Temp House and UO Alive even more immersive and captivating. Through his efforts, the server thrived, attracting new players and reigniting the passion of long-standing veterans.

Vertigo's story became a legend in UO Alive, inspiring countless adventurers to chase their dreams and forge their own destinies. His journey embodied the spirit of adventure, friendship, and growth that made UO Alive an extraordinary world to explore.

And so, the tale of Vertigo, the master crafter, bard, dragon tamer, and dedicated guild member, continued to echo through the lands of UO Alive, forever reminding everyone that the magic of a virtual realm could transform lives and create unforgettable memories.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I currently don't have a house on this account. But I will be making it look like Temp house as I think the setup in Temp house is amazing and can be super useful in many ways. But I will have the house made if I am chosen before we go to the Abyss.

Q; Why is it a good addition?
A: I feel that this house can be the life blood of the Abyss and be very helpful/safe to all users who want take on the Abyss

Q: How will I support the greater whole of the UOAlive Community?
A: My house in the Abyss, I will serve as a beacon of unity and support for the greater community. My doors will be open to weary adventurers, offering them respite, guidance, and camaraderie. Within the dark embrace of the Abyss, you will foster a sense of belonging, organizing events, sharing knowledge, and creating a safe haven where new and veteran players can gather, forge lasting friendships, and collectively thrive in their pursuit of adventure.

Q: What will your theme/backstrory might be?
A: A house in the Abyss on UO Alive embodies an eerie and mystical theme, resonating with the dark essence of the realm. Its architecture is a fusion of gothic grandeur and eldritch design, with twisting spires, shadowy archways, and intricate carvings depicting ancient creatures. Within its walls, ethereal mist swirls, and haunting melodies echo, while arcane artifacts and forbidden tomes adorn its chambers. The house exudes an aura of mystery, beckoning explorers and those drawn to the Abyss's enigmatic power.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, in the enchanting world of UO Alive, a young adventurer named Vertigo embarked on an extraordinary journey that would forever change her life. UO Alive was a thriving and immersive Ultima Online private server, renowned for its vibrant community and unique gameplay features.

Vertigo had always been fascinated by the art of crafting. With nimble fingers and a keen eye for detail, he honed his skills day and night, fashioning magnificent armors and weapons that would make even the most seasoned warriors envious. The bustling marketplace of UO Alive would buzz with excitement whenever Flint showcased his latest creations.

Vertigo's ambitions didn't stop at crafting alone. He yearned to master the art of barding, the magical practice of manipulating sound to inspire or demoralize. He spent countless hours studying the melodies and lyrics that could charm friends or strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. His barding abilities became legendary, and he could turn the tides of battle with a single note.

One fateful day, while exploring a treacherous dungeon, Vertigo stumbled upon a majestic dragon. His heart raced with both fear and excitement as he realized this could be the perfect opportunity to test his taming skills. With nerves of steel and a steady hand, he approached the beast, soothing it with his melodious barding. The dragon, mesmerized by his music, allowed Vertigo to tame it, forging an unbreakable bond between man and creature.

With his newfound companion, Vertigo delved deeper into the vast wilderness of UO Alive. He encountered exotic creatures like beetles, cu-sidhe, and nightmares, which he tamed and trained to fight alongside him. Together, they faced fearsome monsters, navigated treacherous dungeons, and conquered formidable champ spawns. Vertigo's name echoed throughout the realm, and fellow adventurers sought his guidance and friendship.

In the spirit of camaraderie, Vertigo joined Temp House, a guild of like-minded individuals who shared his passion for exploration and helping others. They became his second family, always ready to lend a hand in times of need. Once promoted to New Player Helper. Together, they ventured into dangerous territories, assisting new players and ensuring everyone had a chance to experience the magic of UO Alive.

As time passed, Vertigo's love for UO Alive grew deeper. He dreamt of contributing to the server that had given him so much joy and fulfillment. Thrilled by the opportunity to give back to the community that had embraced him, Vertigo eagerly accepted the role. He poured his heart and soul into his duties, organizing events, resolving disputes, and implementing new features that would make Temp House and UO Alive even more immersive and captivating. Through his efforts, the server thrived, attracting new players and reigniting the passion of long-standing veterans.

Vertigo's story became a legend in UO Alive, inspiring countless adventurers to chase their dreams and forge their own destinies. His journey embodied the spirit of adventure, friendship, and growth that made UO Alive an extraordinary world to explore.

And so, the tale of Vertigo, the master crafter, bard, dragon tamer, and dedicated guild member, continued to echo through the lands of UO Alive, forever reminding everyone that the magic of a virtual realm could transform lives and create unforgettable memories.
Can you include the folloing as well: To enter you must include photos of the house you currently have that you wish to bring to the Abyss, why it is a good addition, how you will support the greater whole of the UOAlive Community with it, and what your theme/back story might be if you have one! Bonus points for any RP!

Well lets see here. Sorry if I do this wrong as I don't post a lot but ill try, I had a different design in mind for down there but since I only have one house at the moment I will post what I got.. It is a bit bare at this time as I have only recently discovered UOAlive so I have only been around for about a month so just trying to build up resources and learn what's all available for decorations. So far I have had a great experience here and look forward to many more adventures. I enjoy crafting and hunting with my tamers or bards. Helping people out when I can, providing goods and services via vendors or knowledge is also fun though a lot has changed from original UO so there is lots for me to learn and be taught as well! Anways lets see if I can load up these pictures correctly lol. I have added some markers of where things might or could go, like I said its a work in progress heh

firstfloor.png

roof.png

secondfloor.png

ThirdFloorpng.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the Pictures of temp house. this is what I would like the house to look like just a little more abyss like.

1st.png

2nd.png

3rd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For all entering I believe the max size is 18×18 for these plots. So keep that in mind when designing.

The entries so far look fantastic!

I couldn't believe my luck when I heard the news. The coveted house spot in the Abyss on the UOAlive shard was up for grabs, and I was determined to claim it. Countless adventurers had tried and failed to secure this prime location, but I was ready to give it my all. Little did I know that this would be a turning point not only for myself but for the entire server.

With my trusty friend D20 by my side, we set off on a quest to make this house spot a reality. We knew that having this spot would bring immense benefits to everyone on the server. The Abyss was a dangerous and chaotic place, filled with treacherous creatures and deadly traps. But it was also a hub of activity, where warriors and mages alike gathered to challenge themselves and reap the rewards.

First and foremost, we wanted to establish a res ankh in our new house. This would provide a lifeline to adventurers who fell in battle, allowing them to resurrect quickly and continue their quests. The convenience of having a res ankh in such a perilous location would save countless lives and keep the fighting spirit alive.

Next on our agenda was to set up a bandaid and health vendor. The constant battles in the Abyss often left adventurers wounded and in desperate need of healing supplies. By providing a reliable source of bandages and potions, we could ensure that no warrior would be left helpless in their time of need.

But our plans didn't stop there. We envisioned our house as a safe haven, a place where weary adventurers could rest and log out without fear of being attacked. The Abyss was notorious for its aggressive denizens, and having a secure spot to retreat to would be a game-changer for everyone. It would also serve as a gathering point, a central hub where players could share stories, trade items, and form alliances.

Furthermore, our house would be an active area with a link to the D20 community housing area. We wanted to foster a sense of community and camaraderie among players, and what better way to do that than by connecting our house to a larger network of player homes? This would encourage interaction, cooperation, and the forging of lasting friendships.

As we put our plans into motion, word spread like wildfire across the server. Players rallied behind our cause, donating resources and offering their assistance. Together, we transformed the once-empty plot of land into a thriving hub of activity. Our house became a beacon of hope in the darkness of the Abyss, a symbol of unity and resilience.

And so, the benefits of our house spot in the Abyss became apparent to all. Lives were saved, wounds were healed, and adventurers found solace and companionship within its walls. The server flourished as players flocked to the Abyss, drawn by the promise of safety and camaraderie. It was a testament to the power of a shared vision and the impact that a single house could have on an entire community.

As I stood at the entrance of our house, watching the bustling activity around me, I couldn't help but feel a profound sense of pride. D20 and I had not only achieved our goal but had also made a lasting difference in the lives of countless adventurers. The house in the Abyss had become more than just a structure; it had become a symbol of hope and a testament to the strength of the UOAlive community. And for that, I was eternally grateful.