What's new

Adding Map Markers for Points of Interest to Classic UO

Arola

This will be a quick one, but hopefully it'll help players both new and old none-the-less! Adding map markers to your World Map in CUO can be an invaluable tool in both communicating locations to others or just figuring out where that dang map makers is.

To start, pick up Avernal's map markers via tr1age's GitHub:
https://github.com/tr1age/ClassicUO_MapIcons_UOAlive

If you're not familiar with GitHub, you can download the .zip by clicking on "code" and then the "download ZIP" button:
CUOMAP01.jpg

One you have it downloaded, extract it to your data folder for ClassicUO located at:
ClassicUO > Client > Data

CUOMAP002.jpg

Your Client folder should now have the following highlighted files added to it:

CUOMAP003.jpg

Now you're ready to apply them in-game. With the "World Map" open, right click anywhere within the map to bring up the menu and select:

Map Marker Options > Reload marker

After that, it should load the markers:

CUOMAP009.jpg

But that's not all! You can customize this further. What if you don't care where shops are, after all?

You can use "Map Marker Options" to hide or show the markers you are interested in, along with hiding icons or names. Additionally, the "Markers Manager" will allow you search POI (you will need to be on the correct facet for it to bring you to the right location, however):
CUOMAP007.jpg
CUOMAP008.jpg

Attachments

• CUOMAP01.jpg
    CUOMAP01.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 510
  • CUOMAP002.jpg
    CUOMAP002.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 131
  • CUOMAP003.jpg
    CUOMAP003.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 121
  • CUOMAP007.jpg
    CUOMAP007.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 119
  • CUOMAP008.jpg
    CUOMAP008.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 120
  • CUOMAP009.jpg
    CUOMAP009.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 129
  • CUOMAP003.jpg
    CUOMAP003.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 110
This doesn't include treasure map markers.
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping it had em' After looking under Marker's manager i didn't see any. Do you know how to aquire em ? Ive seen em on others who run on this shard. But they aren't very forth coming with anything. One's on youtube, but i never heard anything back yet.

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping it had em' After looking under Marker's manager i didn't see any. Do you know how to aquire em ? Ive seen em on others who run on this shard. But they aren't very forth coming with anything. One's on youtube, but i never heard anything back yet.

Sorry long week haha.
I don't think I've seen anybody use them on the shard. I'm not sure about the details, but at some point treasure map locations got changed, which is why the rune library's treasure map rune books don't lead to current locations.

I'd suggest using Avernal's treasure hunting script (LINK) if you're using Classic UO/Razor Enhanced. I haven't used it, but it seems to do the trick for a lot of people.

Otherwise, if scripts aren't your thing, treasure maps coordinates are usually provided by Razor Enhanced in the map's tooltip if you've decoded them, but they have been buggy to some regard since I last did them (it's been several weeks since I have done any). Not sure if they are working properly now, but you can add a marker for the treasure map by right clicking the world map and selecting "go to location", then inputting the coordinates for single use marker—that's what I used to do.

I could find the location of one Tmap by opening the decoded map (so the small map with the pin is shown on screen) and using the 'Inspect' function of Razor on the map.
Using Inspect on the map without the pin map open wouldn't give the location.

But it doesn't seem to work on the next Tmap...

Last edited: