What's new

Patch Patch Notes - 3/24/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
General:
  • Costumes added for skree, yomotsu warrior/elder/mage, phoenix, faerie dragon,
  • Ancient Hell Hound mount - New tameable
  • a spider
Bug Fixes:
  • iron beetle will now really mine
Adjustments:
  • Gargoyles can wear costumes
  • Lady and Lord Zyphre can drop a broken heart deco(Shazzy will add more story to this and get together with Pevil to release an official newsletter on it!)
  • Young player status removed at 550 skill
Pet Leash Changes:
First you can read the special edition Newsletter by @pevil to find out what is going on here:

For those who want more details here are the full patch notes on Pet leash Changes:

WHAT CHANGED

The Pet Leash has had it's Unshrink or Shrink abilities limited to avoid major exploits as well as further expands on our "Risk vs Reward" belief here.
You will no longer be able to use the Pet leash in the following areas: Dungeons, Underwater area, Despise region with good and evil, Void Pool, Champ spawn regions. There might be a area or two that we need to add down the road to prevent exploits, and this is how it will work going forward.

WHY DID IT CHANGE?
The pet leash was never meant to be used to skip content.

It will no longer function the way we have known.

And yes we realize that in game design you normally do not take something away that has been, but change around it. But sadly this game is VERY old and that is just not possible.

First Reasons: Exploits: There are MAJOR exploits with the pet leash that can only be stopped by doing this. Major boss battles that can be skipped/cheesed.
Mobs that should not be able to be tamed and stored could be breaking major boss mechanics. This will allow more control for the devs to prevent past and future content being played not as intended and breaking all sorts of things, such as economy, pet balance, etc.

Second Reason: Exploration. Players who just tamed a pet should have to get it home via magic skills or travelling to safety through the dangers. Not just pop it in their pocket. We want you to feel like you have to keep your pet alive on your Journey through the dungeons, not just Pokémon it when needed.

Dungeons are not meant to be rushed to the end and then popping a pet to do the end of it. This will make it much more challenging and make content more "as intended". I.E. More OSI. Which is what we strive to do. This may be hard to get used to but it is absolutely going to stay as it truly makes the exploration more important and rewarding.

Third Reason: Tickets. We get so many tickets with "lost pets" because people carry 100 of them at a time. We cannot replace these and it pains us. This should help with that.

QoL is important to us but a function of the pet leash that has been broken for too long needed to be addressed. That being said, we are also working on the diversity of pets and will be added a few in this patch. This will probably shake up the "meta" a bit, but that is a good thing. Tamers had it WAY too easy with these leashes. They still get to use them, just not abuse them.

We understand change is always intense, we just ask you play with it for awhile and adjust to it more than an hour to understand the long thought process that went into this and was agreed upon by ALL the staff. And if you wish to you can use the suggestion forum to let us know how to improve on it, but please give it at least a week or more. Thanks!

Roadmap: https://uoalive.com/forum/threads/uoalive-roadmap-2022.802/

Last edited:
Custom Mounts will not be ready until next restart and respawn sorry tamers... few corrections we want to make to them.

Mining Beetle (Dam Thing) will work on next restart this time..... The bain of Shazzy's exsistance

I remember getting the mining beetle to work shortly after it came out (a couple hundred years ago, give or take). Wonder what changed, or got broken, or nerfed to the point of non-function. :confused:

I notice the pet leashes do not work in Ter Mur. Outside of the Tomb of Kings and anywhere along the road back to the Royal City and not even inside the guard zone of the Royal City. I kept getting the "you cannot use that here" message.

I notice the pet leashes do not work in Ter Mur. Outside of the Tomb of Kings and anywhere along the road back to the Royal City and not even inside the guard zone of the Royal City. I kept getting the "you cannot use that here" message.
Working a intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.