What's new

Patch Patch Notes - 3/31/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
General:
  • This will be focused more on adjustment bug fixes rather than additions. We have put a lot of stuff into the game already for future content, events, holidays, etc and can't always have a massive patch day.

Bug Fixes:
Trammel Stamina Loss for Walking over creatures or monsters at full stamina causing rubber banding has been changed completely to fix this issue:

OK so, there are moments where we as the devs are wrong and @MOAIAP really took the time to show us very clearly the issue being experienced and we agree this sucks.
We did a ton of digging and realize to fix the issue experienced with the rubber banding, we would need to core edit PACKETS which apparently ServUO coded for trammel but not Felucca, cause WHY NOT make it complicated lol. Until we can truly figure out how deep the rabbit hole goes on this one(which by the way it GOES DEEP), we would like to

• First we apologize for not really hearing the issue. We were provided a wonderful video that actually showed us what you all meant and then we tested it and agreed this SUCKS. (VIDEOS MAKE EVERYTHING EASIER!)
  • Implement a Fix that will work more inline with what we have been talking about all along: using potions and being prepared for this kind of movement.
  • Tell you what it does: in Trammel you can now run through EVERYTHING over and over, each time, you will lose stamina at a slow pace(adjusted from 10 to 5 per push), if you hit 0 it will not allow you to pass, but instead of one and done, you can run your stamina to 0. So be careful!
  • Gifting everyone a little helpful item when you login to get you on your way with this pretty new change to how movement works in Trammel.
  • Felucca will remain the same, we felt this kind of change, especially in a champ area would be a mistake. And since Felucca is working without rubber banding, don't fix it if it ain't broke. (ultimately we want this on all facets, but this will do for now, and if anything we kinda like it and how it is now unique to Trammel!)

Know WE HEARD YOU, WE EXPERIENCED IT, WE AGREE, AND WE HAVE FIXED IT in a way that fits with our original reasoning and expectations of having a push mechanic in Trammel in the first place: to give you a sense of danger!

We will monitor the change closely and feel free to leave feedback here when it is live for a little, so we can fine tune it as people use it more.
Thanks again for keeping on us and showing us!

Adjustments:
  • New Mounts and Tame-ables will be placed in game now (within a day or two) with some tweaks.

Last edited:
This change makes it soooo much better for laggy me, and I hope for everyone else too!

Thank you for listening to a new guy, I know I would have been totally ignored on other places, no matter how much 4K UltraHD footage I produced!

You took the time to come to me and try it for yourself.

Thanks again!

Early tests done by me suggest this is a great adjustment. For everyday walking about this is so much better. The lower your stamina the quicker your pool depletes (obviously), but I have run around on 2 different characters, one with high and one with low stamina, and very pleased with this update.

Thank you dev team and thank you @MOAIAP!

Last edited:
Adjustments:
  • New Mounts and Tame-ables will be placed in game now (within a day or two) with some tweaks.

Would it be possible for us to get a notification in the Updates channel when the new mounts and tameables are actually placed and spawning in game?

For example, if ancient hell hounds are part of this, it would very much help for us to know to when to start looking for them. Thank you for considering that and thank you for listening and fixing what MOAIAP discovered.

Would it be possible for us to get a notification in the Updates channel when the new mounts and tameables are actually placed and spawning in game?

For example, if ancient hell hounds are part of this, it would very much help for us to know to when to start looking for them. Thank you for considering that and thank you for listening and fixing what MOAIAP discovered.
@GameOva is in control of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.