What's new

UOAlive Player Testimonials

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
This section is for the players of the server to let others know of the positive experiences they have had on UOAlive. Word of mouth is one of the best tools for private servers so we wanted to give you all an opportunity to voice what it is about UOAlive that has made it the place to call your Ultima Online home.

So if you can take a moment and let others know why you chose UOAlive, what has kept you here, and what you enjoy, it would be much appreciated.

Sugg format: We think the best format would be to start it off as if a new player asked, why do you play here, why should they play here. Then talk about what makes it unique and enjoyable to you. Maybe talk about the player base as well?

Thank you!

Last edited:
The Nyght Family,

We found this server through an internet google search and wanted to take a look at it. Through the in-depth website that they offer plus the up and coming wiki it is a great place! They are one of the few that offer a very balanced server with complete immersion into to UO. We are a fan of role play with everyone adding there own spin and this is the place that makes that great. Along with balanced skill gain, loot rarity system, and a mix match of various other awesome parts pulling from different eras, is only icing on the cake at this point.

Keep it up staff this shard is awesome!

I found this place via a subreddit I rarely even check. Happened to be the launch weekend, and I've stuck around for about a month so far. I have played a few other free shards before. There's plenty out there to enjoy. Here's why I like UO:A:

I played a bit before Age of Shadows, and a lot afterward. I've even played a lot on T2A-replicating servers. To me, while AoS had some serious issues, it was also the biggest step forward for Ultima as a game. Before AoS, it was a great sandbox MMO, but it wasn't that great of a game. That changed when Age of Shadows changed everything.

There are surely other AoS servers out there, but UO:A keeps evolving, making constant changes that update the game for modern tastes while still maintaining that old-world feel. The loot rarity system makes evaluating all of that flood of mediocre items that AoS introduced much easier. Simple commands like [bondinfo and [organizeme add greatly to the quality of life. Constant vigilance to make sure everyone can play their way has been taken and balanced around.

Every weekend, there are new events. Cove and Minoc have been invaded, and throughout the month of October, plenty of spooky happenings have been about. The staff even adds little flavors to the world, from simple NPCs helping make the world feel a little more real, to blessing player settlements as they grow.

All of this has led to good, quality folk sticking around. In Discord and in game, I'm pleasantly surprised at those who choose to play here. We have a little bit of everything, just like live servers had. There are roleplayers, powergamers, casual players, those who mainly craft, thieves, warriors, you can find people killing balrons or derping around dying to ettins like me.

tl;dr it's the closest approximation to a live AoS server I've found, while still not feeling as clunky as Ultima really did without our rose colored glasses.

Lets cut to the chase, Im having alot of fun on this server. No pay for items that overpower characters, Item rarity............Fun monsters to hunt to get me heart going........

Admin is a pretty good scriptor too!

Very well run server with an excellent and supportive staff. The community of players is solid and helpful. One of the best qualities of this server is that the people are mature. There is no toxicity in-game or on Discord/forums. It's a great playing experience.

I've always hated Modern servers. Most I've come across were so decimated by an inflated economy and toons twinked out head to toe in artifacts. On UOAlive, however, it's rare that someone has more than one artifact and if they do, they grinded Doom for an eternity. It was really refreshing to see things a bit slower paced than the typical AoS servers I'm used to. Gold and items have true value.

Town hubs. Keeps the playerbase close, but still provides lots of things to do.

The staff are very responsive and are almost always available in Discord for response. Problems are addressed in a timely manner and accurately.

Loads of events and stuff to do!

Come join us!

I recently switched over to this shard and I can definitely say I am here to stay. The host/devs are pretty helpful and you can clearly tell they have passion for this project which says a lot. I will continue to develop my skills and try to get myself established.

The features are spot on for what I want (my favorite time in OSI/EA UO). If you ever need anyone to play with then hit me up until then I will be slaying the peerless beasts of the UO wilds!

My husband and I started playing UO:Alive January, 2019 and are, at this point, a few months into it. We both have different interests: he likes fishing, I prefer gardening, but we are both enjoying our time here!

The server is up to date through 2019, complete with expansions and the choice of using either the classic client or the enhanced! Dev response times are fast and I really love how I don't need to run ten screens away to find a damn healer as they are positioned outside of dungeons, ant holes and everywhere in between There is even one outside of Twisted Weld - a place I frequent (and die in) quite often. Skill gains are fast and allowed us to set up our toons quickly and get into the game quickly so we could get to the fun parts.

We tried a few other servers but have found our home here at UO:Alive.

I've been playing UO shards off and on for years. What I like about UOAlive is that things are a bit more simple and slower paced, but it doesn't take long to skill up your character. Unlike other servers that have no skill cap, this server means you have to pick different templates instead of being a mage/necro/mystic/tamer that can do everything with ease.

The community is helpful, friendly, and the staff are quick to respond if you need help. Within my first week I was able to learn the ropes, get a house within the Luna area, and start a crafter.

Try it out.

UoAlive is by far one of the best Shards I have had the pleasure to join. From admin to player, UOAlive is a very friendly and helpful shard. Players of all walks of life and locations around the real world are willing to help the new players get started. I personally have enjoyed my time on this shard and made many friendships through the game.

Sir Dork/Sir Hoser

After years or playing on the original OSI servers I didn’t think any free server would be a patch on my experience Oh how wrong could I have been my now wife and I used to play 1997-2009 I started looking at free servers found one and tried it but for a “free” server it could have got very expensive having to pay to play then I googled True free servers and found UOalive I though oh well let’s see if it’s really free …….. FREE it’s better than the original and the players and staff are amazing nothing is too much for anyone the QOL tweaks on here are just amazing gone are the weeks of trying to get one skill up to 100 now you can get skills high enough to start playing within days everything is made to make playing a pleasure without it being too easy that it’s boring, the balance is perfect and along with the staff that do everything they can to make this our forever UO home!!!! Thank you One and All

I've been playing on and off again for a few years now, and this is the only shard I've ever come back to. Usually I play for a while, scratch the itch, and move on. But I keep coming back to this one, largely because it's so well run and because of the community.

There's very little drama, people tend to help each other, and generally it's just a nice, relaxing & chill experience. Sure, it was fun in the old days playing the pvp servers, but these days I prefer the helpful & kind experience to the toxic & exploitative one. If you want to enjoy UO and receive & give help, you couldn't ask for a better shard! Scratches the nostalgia itch without all of the stress.

UO: Alive has been amazing. Like many that have landed on this shard I took it up on a whim feeling nostalgic for a game I played what seems like a lifetime ago. The client was a breeze to install and I fired up the Discord just to say hello. That is when I realized I had made a good decision. The folks on the Discord and in game are incredibly helpful, patient, and kind. I watch everyday as more and more people come to the Discord and find the same thing. Help is offered at all levels from figuring out how to turn in a quest to how to write a complex Macro to accomplish a task.

The feeling I get from the UO:A community is the feeling I have missed in modern MMOs and gaming in general. They care about their players new and old and work hard to ensure a positive experience for everyone. The admins work tirelessly to improve this experience, run events, and make content accessible and they do it all without charging a dime. I hope to be here a long time and look forward to new adventures.

Old school Napa Valley player here. The one thing that always stands out about UOAlive to me is that the entire server is like one big guild. I had re-upped on Napa because of all the things I missed that no other game came close to, but Napa was a ghost town, and the same irritants that existed 20 years ago are still there. I found UOAlive, and made a combo of my 2 favorite class types: a tamer/bard. Just starting out, the Mastery stuff was completely new, and I had no gold to buy anything. I didn't ask for anything, as on OSI servers that doesn't get you anywhere. I was just asking where to find stuff, like the primers, and some of the players just started offering me primers, and other stuff to help me get started. THAT was how guilds were on the old shards, but the shards themselves weren't that way. UOAlive, as a shard, is just like that: people willing to help out the newer players.

I also don't mind that a fair number of the secondary skills don't count against your 700 skill points. It may be silly, but that is a HUGE quality of life improvement for me. I remember when OSI was 1200 points, and how much it sucked to be reduced to 700...

I have been on the shard about 15 days. I was invited to the shard by a friend from a former shard I played on (Schuyler Bain). I am loving this shard. The player base is very mature and helpful. The usual server drama doesn't happen here. The staff is great and work hard to keep the shard running smooth and content up to date and challenging.

Kudos to Tr1age and his staff for an amazing server.

I have to admit, I was really skeptical when I joined. I have played UO for decades and played more private servers than I can count on my feet and hands. I joined the server thinking it would be just like all the rest, dead, no economy, and everything taking multiple people to complete. Or one of those servers where within a week you have god gear and can walk on water while smiting enemies with just a glance.

This is not that server. I love it here! I have very little time to play, and I can play very casually and not have to worry about finding groups on my schedule in order to be successful. The way the skills were done with secondary skills were genius tbh. There is always something new going on, events, roleplay, stories and tales.

Thank you to the admins and the community that make this such a wonderful and balanced server. I really do admire the hard work ya'll have done and contributed!

I've been here five months now... time seems to really fly when you're having fun.

I'm not sure what the secret recipe was, but this shard has been hard to step away from and it feels like it's hitting a sweet groove these days. Things have been getting tweaked, bugs are getting fixed, and the game's getting additions that would make folks playing elsewhere truly jealous. The community can't be beat, and it's only getting bigger.

Weird to think that I only found this shard because it blew my mind you could play UO through a browser, but causality has its ways.

A toast to the shard—may it always be UOAlive.