What's new

Past Events UOAlive Holiday Decorations House Contest!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
It’s almost Christmas and in Ultima Online, that often means it’s time to decorate our houses in the holiday themes.

Decorators, you can submit anything you want, whether it be a room, an object, or an entire house – or multiple houses tied together. The sky is the limit but it should be Christmas/Holiday Themed.

A few rules:
1. The house(s) must be in UOAlive. You cannot use HomeBuilder or any other applications as they contain tiles/items you cannot find in game. You actually need to decorate a home in UOAlive to make this fair to everyone. These homes should be available for staff to visit if requested…meaning this has to be on the server.
2. Screenshots HAVE to be of homes in UO. Real life Homes do not apply for this contest. Although we would love to see them!
3. You can submit as much as you want, but you can only win once.

5. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances. There are deadlines for a reason.
6. Screenshots must be in this forum topic not on discord.

To make things easy, we have two ways for you to submit your entries. The first is to post them as attachments as replies to this thread.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. EST Dec. 31, 2022.

Prizes are as follows:

• 1st Place (Special Reward Decor Item and 1000 Event Tokens)
  • 2nd Place (Special Reward Decor Item and 750 Event Tokens)
  • 3rd place (Special Reward Decor Item and 500 Event Tokens)
  • Community Choice Award (Special Reward Decor Item and 500 Event Tokens)

Prizes may contain additions at a later point, which we will add here if we add things.

A winner can only win ONE PRIZE in all categories: meaning, if someone wins 3rd place AND Community Choice, they will only receive the reward for the top prize and the next person with the most votes will win the prize for the category under them assuming they have more votes then the rest.

This is to help share the awesome prizes and not to become a "popularity" contest. :)

You are still a WINNER! Just prizes get distributed to more people! :)

https://imgur.com/ is your friend :) Even has an embed option.
We do this intentionally to not overload the storage on the server.

Directions:

Upload a photo by dragging it to the site:
1671305774615.png

It will open, click the ellipses and click GET SHARE LINKS.

1671305801424.png

Click COPY LINK for BBCODE FORUMS

1671305831371.png

PAST THAT HERE:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/9enZdiP.png[/img]

Last edited:
My submission
Photos by tr1age

Attachments

• Mels House.png
    Mels House.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening All!

I would like to humbly submit my holiday home for consideration of this contest, it has been a challenge and joy to create, and I hope you all enjoy!

To get the full experience of everything this house has to offer, please visit the house itself! You cannot see the details in every room without seeing it in person.

The house is located at 1037 208 -50 in Malas, above the Luna moongate, in the snowy mountain area.

Happy Holidays!
Fermi

with that I present....

A Christmas Memory

zIWNiUr.png

22asRAQ.png

RZrcujb.png

OPS2yvd.png

WdPHvqI.png

D8RuYYg.png

nQn5P7R.png

4uYFI0Q.png

KwIU8kG.png

kbBKEbh.png

3s4TOz0.png

8hQ3ywW.png

KuhN3uM.png

kjQVajF.png

This is FANTASTIC! Seriously one of the/if not the best complete holiday deco designs I have seen. And there are some really good ones.

well done you!

Alright, so I love to decorate in game. Have been for quite a while.
Here's my little entry for the holiday job complete with Mary, Cantaloupe Jesus, and the three wise mens. I know its not a massive plae, but its cozy and fits us! Merry Chrimmus! <3
jKHB9fn.png

XywVfgs.png

tHVOUWg.png

k19MwWj.png

Ti70gJ6.png

iNxlCUU.png

Last edited:
Alright, so I love to decorate in game. Have been for quite a while.
Here's my little entry for the holiday job complete with Mary, Cantaloupe Jesus, and the three wise mens. I know its not a massive plae, but its cozy and fits us! Merry Chrimmus! <3
jKHB9fn.png

XywVfgs.png

tHVOUWg.png

k19MwWj.png

Ti70gJ6.png
Looks amazing - great job!

I'll submit mine too because why not? It's mainly my main house that has been decorated but there's a bit of snow and a festive table in the secondary house too. The screenshots aren't showing everything quite right as CUO has taken the leaves off some of my christmas trees and the snow trees.

1672065352469.png

Santa's sleigh at the entrance

1672065385330.png

Central seating area with holiday tree and snowy trees. Presents and decorations abound! Also wreaths on the doors and bells and ribbons to decorate the main house.

1672065465515.png

Mistletoe to catch out anyone entering!

1672065492844.png

Wreath on the door

1672065569499.png

Waiting for Santa to fill the stocking

1672065599069.png

One of Santa's helpers

This is my home in Tokuna. On the roof I made a Christmas Garden. I had to imagine what the garden would look like while planting the seeds in the dirt.
uo Christmas2.png
uo Christmas 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First off ALL of your houses were amazing.
Second this was REALLY tight, we had to call in a tie breaker it was so close, in every bracket!
Third you are all winners in our minds.

Thank you all for such amazing entries and Happy Holidays! Please open a ticket for your rewards with account name and character you wish the items on.

THE WINNERS ARE:

1: @Fermi
2: @Lindrie
3: @Pain

TIME TO VOTE:
4: Community Choice Poll is up. Scroll to top of the page to vote! Can only vote once so make it count!

1672856553126.png

Attachments

• 1672856692873.png
    1672856692873.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 103